Tips for Preparing for Holiday Guests
Whether you have guests coming over for dinner or spending part of the holiday season with you, the last thing you want to be doing, as holiday guests arrive, is still preparing your home. With a little planning ahead of time, you will be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy your guests’ arrival and visit.
- Create a list of priorities. Make a list and stick to it. Complete one item at a time before moving onto the next task.
- Prepare guest rooms. Determine sleeping arrangements for overnight guests long before they ring your doorbell. Make up the beds, clean the rooms several weeks before their arrival. Then, the day before they arrive, do a quick touch-up.
- Clean and stock guest bathrooms. Clean the bathroom your guests will be using a few days ahead of time and give a cleaning shortly before they show up, if needed. Make sure to have plenty of towels and toiletries stocked, too.
- Childproof for smaller guests. If your guests are bringing along a baby, toddler, or younger child, walk through the home and childproof various areas. Move breakables out of reach of small hands.
- Clear out room in a closet or dresser for guests to use. Make sure your guests have somewhere to unpack, store away their shoes, and hang up jackets.
Of course, make sure you complete your holiday decorating at least a week in advance of entertaining your guests. Lastly, remember to stop by Cobblestone Auto Spa for a full-service car wash so your vehicle looks great, too! Call us at (602) 788-9274 for directions to our nearest location.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *